JdBPAC Community Collaborations
Julia de Burgos Performance and Arts Center (JdBPAC) and Hispanic Federation (HF) encourage members of the East Harlem community to use the center's multi-purpose pavilion, theater and studio space. We welcome hearing from institutions, artists and other community members about ideas to present artistic, cultural and educational activities at JdBPAC. As JdBPAC's space rental manager, and pursuant with its mission to advance Hispanic causes, HF supports and co-hosts a select number of gatherings and special events at JdBPAC annually. Through this support, spaces may in some cases be used with a significantly subsidized rate (50%) by non-profit community partners, groups and individuals seeking to host events and activities that support the JdBPAC’s mission.
To apply for support for your event, please send a request letter along with a completed JdBPAC Reservation Form to Jose Chamorro, JdBPAC Rental Manager at (212) 233-8996 or JDBRentals@hispanicfederation.org. Applications must be submitted 4 weeks in advance of the planned event. Each application will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis and will be granted based on space availability, program needs, availability of funding and whether the event supports the overall mission of the JdBPAC.
- An authorized representative of the group or individual reserving the space must remain on the premises throughout the period for which it is reserved, or until the meeting ends.
- Rooms may be reserved between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm from Monday through Friday. Additional time frames may be considered for cultural events open to the public free of charge. Blackout dates may apply.
- Rooms should be left in the same condition as they were found (including furniture placement and room equipment).
- Renters must remove all unused food items and supplies and trash should be placed in the appropriate containers.
- Be aware of fire and evacuation routes and of emergency numbers that are posted near the entrance/exit to the rooms.
Failure to adhere to any of these guidelines may result in the cancellation of future events hosted by the same individual, groups and/or organization. For more information, please contact Jose Chamorro at or by calling (212) 233-8955 x 143 or via email JDBRentals@hispanicfederation.org.